The Mayflower Medical Practice is a five doctor non limited partnership, established in c1980. We are a semi-rural, dispensing practice with a patient list size in excess of 7900, operating over two sites; Bawtry Health Centre is our main surgery and our branch surgery is at Finningley, which opened in 1991.
Our Mission Statement is to:
- Provide a high standard of medical care, to be committed to the needs of our patient population and continue to maintain a high quality of care through effective collaboration and teamwork
- Show our patients courtesy and respect at all times irrespective of ethnic origin, religious belief, personal attributes or the nature of the health problem
- Understand and meet the needs of our patients, involve them in decision making about their treatment and care and encourage them to participate fully
- Promote good health and wellbeing to our patients through education and information
- Involve other professionals in the care of our patients where it is the patients’ best interests, i.e. referrals for specialist care and advice
- Ensure that all members of the team have the right skills, support and training to carry out their duties competently and they have opportunities to discuss and learn from problems or issues that arise at any time
- Safeguard children and vulnerable adults, by ensuring that all staff receive appropriate training
- Provide safe, effective health primary care services in a responsive way
- Have zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
We are always looking to enhance and improve the services we offer and welcome your ideas. If you have any suggestions or comments regarding any aspect of the practice please submit a feedback form on our website or write to our Practice Manager who is Mrs Amanda Perry.
Working together to build a stronger Practice
Monday 8.00am – 6.30pm 8.00am – 12.30pm & 3.15pm – 6.00pm
Tuesday 8.00am – 6.30pm 8.00am – 12.30pm & 3.15pm – 6.00pm
Wednesday 8.00am – 6.30pm 8.00am – 12.30pm Closed
Thursday 8.00am – 6.30pm 8.00am – 12.30pm & 3.15pm – 6.00pm
Friday 8.00am – 6.30pm 8.00am – 12.30pm & 3.15pm – 6.00pm
In addition to the Finningley branch surgery being closed every Wednesday afternoon, Bawtry surgery is closed on two Wednesday afternoons per month throughout the year to enable all members of the practice protected time for education and training. The dates of training sessions are advertised in the practice waiting areas and are listed on the practice website.
WHEN THE SURGERY IS CLOSED
The Out of Hours service is commissioned by Doncaster CCG to provide emergency care for patients outside surgery hours. When the practice is closed, telephone calls to the Bawtry and Finningley numbers will be automatically directed to the Doncaster Out of Hours Service. Or call Doncaster Emergency Out of Hours Service direct on 0300 123 9990. This service covers night-time, weekends and Bank Holidays and is for emergency conditions that will not wait until the next available surgery. You will be asked to attend a surgery in central Doncaster.
Facilities for the Disabled
At both our sites there is wheelchair access to all parts of the building. There are two car parking bays at Finningley for disabled patients and one car parking bay at Bawtry. We provide a toilet for disabled patients at each site.
If you require assistance, please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff. We do not have access to a wheelchair on site.